Monday, March 19, 2012

If I'm so small I can barely be seen, how can this great love be inside of me?

1 Peter 1:8-9 "Though you have not seen him, you love him.  Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls."

This verse was stuck in my head yesterday as I attended baptism class in prep for Easter.  I may have said "inexpressible" 5 or 9 times during the course of a 10 minute interview.  It was extremely awkward but it's true.  We can't express the love and joy that we feel on either end of our relationship with God.  It's a challenge to put into words without cheapening how it really feels.  But the Holy Spirit helped me through the interview and I'm ready for the water now.  I absolutely love how the Spirit continues to push me out of my comfort zone and it never ceases to be rewarding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment