Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm too busy for my saviour and creator of the universe, I'll give him a few minutes next week

Satan wins when we're busy.  I put off reading, prayer and ultimately focus.  Since work has gotten busier, I find myself content with not reading daily or often going days without a prayer that lasts more than a minute.  I don't put off work or sleep or TV though.  I just slide time with Jesus out of my life.  It's a serious struggle.  But I can't give in, I have to make time.  I have to stay close to him.  If I don't, I fall apart.  And when I fall apart, I feel farther from him. 

 
I've been working on ceasing everything for a few minutes a day...sometimes longer.  Sometimes I play music, sometimes I light a candle.  And when I cease, I try to stop my mind from thinking about EVERYTHING, but HIM.  When I do this, it's awesome and usually a good transition to read or prepare my heart for a podcast sermon or reading.  The hard part is shutting down everything, stopping random thoughts takes patience and prayer.  He deserves my time, I have to stop fighting him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment