Wednesday, November 6, 2013

His feet

I bet Jesus's feet hurt too.  I imagine that after a long day of walking in the heat and constantly being misunderstood, Jesus needed to get away and pray with the Father.  

You know the feeling when you literally stop caring about anything?  It's a combination of frustration and anger.  It pops up when things go south.  When our plans fail.  When things don't line up with our timing.  But Jesus knew what was perfect.  Jesus knew what was truly good.  How much more frustrating and discouraging would that be?  We think we know, but the truth is, we really don't have a clue.  We are terrible predictors of our own happiness and we refuse to believe it.

When I think I'm alone.  When I think that the God of the universe has left me to sort this thing out on my own.  When I think I'm too insignificant for him to care.  When I have doubts and my world seems to teeter on destruction of anything and eternal peace, I just think.....Jesus's feet hurt too.  He knows exactly where I am.  

1 comment:

  1. Mark,
    I know those feelings, but I've never thought about how HIs feet (and His heart) must have hurt. He did feel what we feel and He knows exactly what you're going through. Just remember you don't know what your future holds, but you know who holds your future! And you can rest in that PEACE!!
    Love you so much,
    Delb

    ReplyDelete