Monday, April 28, 2014

First trip to the village in Uganda

I've made friends with a nurse (Bobby) in the operating theater at CURE.  We gym together and hang out on the weekends.  This past weekend, he invited me to visit his home village in Soroti.  A two hour minibus ride, then a 20 minute boda boda ride (motorbike taxi) and we arrived.  His family prepared a massive meal of goat and fish with sides.  Probably my favorite part of the village is the massive amount of kids.  I made friends with about 25 kids while the family had a meeting to discuss some things.  We also saw a python being killed by a couple guys that stumbled across it while digging.  Great day, it's been a while since I visited the bush.  The family gave me a live chicken as we were leaving which I fried and enjoyed the following day.  I caught the sunset on the way back to the main road as we were heading home.  It's one of those moments where I have to pinch myself.  Things seem surreal so many times here that I sometimes have to take a deep breath and remember....












No comments:

Post a Comment