Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I need you more than the air I breathe

It's the calm before the storm.  January.  It's so tough going back to work after taking so much time off in December.  But here we are, what feels to be the longest work week of the year.  Fortunately, we are already busy with shows for the first part of this year and I don't have time to feel sorry for myself.


I am genuinely excited about this year.  Still looking to buy a house and "settle down" somewhat.  I am really praying through this process - I have been frustrated with a number of different places.  It's either just outside my price range or the street is sketch or the house needs serious work or the the layout is bad or maybe I'm just really picky.  But I figure I should be, I don't need to unload the last box as regret enters my mind.


I also think of the incredible changes in my life last year and hope this year is half as good.  I realize that being a Christian means that everything isn't going to be fantastic, life-altering or work out according to plan.  Because I still push my agenda and selfishly try to take control of my path.  That doesn't work.  Infinite wisdom trumps my small grasp of the greater good that I want but have no idea how to obtain.


"But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of the Lord."  (1 Peter 2:20)  Peter is asking Christians to expect pain and torment just as Christ suffered for us.  It makes me think about thanking God each and every day.  For all things.  Not just when I feel blessed with a relationship, financial situation or the "calm" parts of my life.  It's easy to praise his name at these times, it's the tough times that require our praise too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment